Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving

What a wonderful day! 

I have SO much to be thankful for. 

First and foremost, I am so grateful to be alive.  I am so grateful that Heavenly Father has allowed me to stay on earth and be a part of my children's lives.  It is scary to think how close I came to not being here.

I am so grateful for Dave.  I really think I am the luckiest girl to have him as my husband.  Loving, patient, thoughtful, hard working, awesome father...these are just a few of the qualities he possesses.

I am so grateful for my kiddos.  I love them so much and feel so lucky that I was able to have them.  Especially my little Austin.  Being a mother is the hardest thing I have ever done but also the most rewarding.

I could go on and on but I won't.  ;o) 

It has been so fun having my family here.  Crazy but fun.  We took this opportunity to take a family picture.  The last time we took a family picture was when I was about to deliver Lincoln.  How time flies.  All things considered (5 small kids, one being sick, and trying to get them to look at a camera with no photographer that has been set with a timer) I think the pictures turned out pretty well.   



 
We are so silly.


I can't forget to talk about the food!  Dave has been talking for years about wanting to fry a turkey and this year we finally did it.  The turkey was so good!  It was the moistest turkey I have ever tasted and it smelled so good cooking.  The rest of our meal was super yummy too.  We also had salad, broccoli, mashed potatoes, rolls, deviled eggs, and our usual Sweet Potato Casserole.  Jen agreed to do the desserts and boy oh boy did she deliver.  Homemade apple, coconut creme, and chocolate mouse pies and rice crispy treats.  So so yummy!

No comments: