Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Dance Class

I love summer time!  I love that for the most part we can decide what we want to do and when.  Today we decided to go to the pool.  The kids LOVE being in the water, even wee little Austin.  I am so grateful when Mamo Michelle and Auntie Ashley meet us at the pool.  One adult for every kiddo are a lot better odds than 1 adult for 3 kiddos.


Payton started Ballet class at a new place today.  She was so excited and telling everyone about it, even the lifeguards at the pool.  She is especially excited to be taking the class with two of her good friends, Janey and Sadie.  They are all so cute in their dance leotards.


Tonight was Cooking Group.  The topic was Summer dinners.  I was hoping to get some ideas for meals that are easy, quick, and do not involve turning on the oven.  After a little thinking and receiving a few emails with ideas I came up with four categories salads, sandwiches/wraps, pasta, and smoothies.  In preparation for the evening I made two salads that my mom makes that I love (a fruit salad, and a regular veggie one with chicken), a Panini, a tuna wrap, and a pesto pasta dish.  All of them were so yummy. 

As I was putting everything together I kept thinking to myself why do I have such a hard time thinking of things to have for dinner.  I came up with 5 things for cooking group and prepared them all in an hour and a half.  I should be able to do this no problem and yet we end up having pancakes or cereal.  Haha!  Oh well.

No comments: