Friday, July 22, 2016

Peaches

Yesterday we got a bunch of peaches from my grandma.  Dave LOVES these peaches and looks forward to them each year.  I think he eats 2 or 3 every day.

This time I thought it would be fun to make some jam with them.  Today my mom came down to help.  

What an adventure!  We ended up having to find a recipe that did not use pectin because after visiting several stores we could not find any.  We ended up using every pot I own.  And I burnt the palm of my hand grabbing a pot handle, oh boy that hurt and still is hurting.

When all was said and done we ended up with 2 pint size jars and 3 half pint.  I sure hope it tastes good.  😆


Other news for the day...I took Payton in to the doctor for a lingering cough and it turns out she has Bronchitis and possibly a touch of pneumonia.  Oh man, I am so glad I took her in and that she is now on medication to help her get better.  Thank goodness for that!

No comments: