Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas Preparation

Dave was able to take three weeks off work. Lucky guy! This is a picture of him at 11a.m.. When do mommies get a vacation? :o)

*****

Dave and I alternate which family we celebrate Thanksgiving and Christmas with each year. This year we were scheduled to spend Christmas with Dave's family. So the Draman family Christmas was scheduled for December 20th.

This year the Draman family Christmas was going to be at Dave and my house. We were really excited!

In preparation for the Christmas feast, I kidnapped my grandmas for the three or so days before to help in making Christmas goodies, appetizers, and parts of the meal. I had such a good time. I think my kitchen was used more in those three days than in the entire time we have lived here. Now after two trys at divinity I think a know what the "hard ball" stage is. My grandmas are troopers. They had to have been exhausted, I know I was, but they kept coming back for more. Here are some shots of my Grandma Draman, my mom, and my Taste Testers.

I also took some shots of the goodies we made. Don't they look yummy!

Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies

Persimin Cookies (not sure on the spelling)

First and second trys at Divinity

Mexican Wedding Cookies




And More...
After sampling all of the different cookies, fudge, peppermint bark, etc. my favorite had to be the Mexican Wedding Cookies. Num Yummy! :o)

3 comments:

Jess@craftiness is not optional said...

mmm yum they were delicious! hope you had a Merry Christmas!

Carla Burge said...

Hi Kimberly,
What a beautiful family you have. I can not believe how fast Payton is growing. She is beautiful. Tell your mom, dad, Jen & Anthony hi for me. I miss you all. Happy New Year.
Love,
Carla Burge

Janae Rebecca Lance said...

all those goodies are making me droooool! haha jk. at least i got some of 'em! : )