Monday, May 4, 2009

Happy Birthday Payton

Payton's Birthday was Wednesday, April 29th. I can't believe she is one. Yikes!

Dave's Birthday was Monday, April 20th. I can't believe he is thirty one. ;o)

I started out wanting to have two separate parties for them but it turned out that with extended family plans we had to combine the parties. We had a little family shindig on Saturday, April 25 with our families and then another one on Saturday, May 2 with our friends. I don't think Payton minded having two parties, she was able to dive into cake twice!

Family Party Recap

A great BBQ! We had those pre-marinaded steaks from Costco, baked potatoes, salad, bread, etc. Can I just say "Yummy"! Followed by Dave and Payton opening gifts. Cake and singing summed up the evening. It is always so much fun to hang with family. I am glad my family and Dave's family get along.

Friend Party Recap

Another great BBQ! Well almost. Dave started BBQing then decided to give a tour of our house to Johnny and Anna forgetting about the food...I think the food was salvagable...I apologize for anyone that had a hockey puck for a hamburger. :o) Other than that we had chips and salsa, pasta salads, watermelon, cantelope, etc. Payton then opened her presents. Coyo and John brought over a pinata with baby appropriate filling (rice krispy treats, teddy ghrams, mac and cheese packets, etc). This is where we decided that Payton has a very sensitive spirit. She did not appreciate the wacking of the pinata. Next it was cake time again!

Over all we had so much fun! Thanks to everyone that was able to come. Great memories!

1 comment:

Jess@craftiness is not optional said...

happy birthday to Payton!!

(that was from Sadie)