Saturday, October 27, 2012

Gilroy Gardens and Bernal Ward Fall Festival


My sister got us all together to see the Halloween decorations at Gilroy Gardens.  There were so many kids running around in costumes, including Caeden.  She was the cutest little cat I ever saw.  I wish I would have thought to dress Payton and Lincoln up.

I think we must have this same picture for every time we go to Gilroy Gardens.  :o)  They love this ride and go on it every time we come.  Today they went on it 3 or 4 times in a row.  It isn't the X from Six Flags but I guess it is an exciting ride for them.  Haha!



The plan was to leave Gilroy Gardens at 3 so that we could get back in time for the Fall Festival at 5.  We pulled out of the parking lot at 3:45.  I was so mad at myself for getting a late start for home.  And then I got frustrated when Dave wasn't able to bail me out because he hadn't left work when he thought he was going to.  As I drove home from Gilroy Gardens I figured that by the time I got home I would have about 40 minutes to prepare a pasta dish for the Fall Festival, get the kids in their costumes, and nurse the baby.  So as soon as we pulled into the driveway we hit the ground running.  I know Dave was just trying to help because he knew I was frustrated but kept calling at the most inopportune times...One time he called, I was nursing Austin while cooking the pasta dish.  After talking to a friend of mine, I realize that I shouldn't put so much on my plate and should have just went and bought a premade pasta dish.  Haha!  Probably should have.

The Festival turned out to be a lot of fun for the kiddos.  Payton was Jessie, Lincoln was Woody, and Austin was Buzz.  So cute!



 
The Pumpkin Walk.  Payton won several times and we ended up bringing home a lot of goodies.


 

 
Face painting and Wand making 
 

Oh and we can't forget about the donut on the string game.  Haha!  They totally used their hands.

No comments: