Sunday, March 21, 2010

A Trip to the Oakland Zoo

Friday was my mom's birthday and for her birthday she wanted to spend the day doing something fun with her grandkids. So off to the zoo we went!

Three kids and two strollers. Mom and I agreed that for best results you should have one adult to every child and stroller. Caeden and Payton were not interested in staying in the strollers at all and for that matter neither was Lincoln. So here we are trying to convince Payton that she wants to be on a lease, Caeden is running in the other direction, and Lincoln is wanting to be held. Two of us trying to manage pushing a stroller and walking a toddler. LOL we must have been a sight.



Ah yes, here we are in the parking lot heading into the park. Notice the girls are in the stroller, this is the last time you will see them there.



Elephants! Payton related all the animals to characters in Lion King and Aladdin. The elephants were Abu (when he was an elephant). We saw Timon and Pumba as well!



At the petting area. These little goats were so funny. They would walk straight up to me and basically put their head against my leg and just stand their waiting for me to pet them. How do goats like to be petted anyway?

Fun times! I would love to go again, get there earlier in the day and take our time so the girls can go at their own pace and take it all in. Plus next time we will know that we can bring in our own food!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I grew up going to that Zoo and have only been back once to take my daughter. Looks like a great day~ ~Kelly