Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Cooper's First Birthday Party

On Saturday we all went to our friends Maya and Garith's son Cooper's first birthday party. They had a petting zoo with goats, chickens, and bunnies. There was also a pony that the kids could ride.

I am always excited to see how Payton reacts to things in real life. What I mean is that she recognizes all kinds of animals in pictures, puzzles, and her toys. She knows what they are and the noises they make. But you don't think to be scared of a spider when you are looking at a picture of one however, when one pops out from behind the couch it makes some people scream. So how would she react to a goat that comes up to her and checks her out for food or a pony that towers over her?

Dave said she charged in the pen like she owned the place. She loved all the animals. Me...I don't mind chickens from a distance but I wouldn't want to pet one or pick one up. You go girl!

I love horses and would love to go riding all the time. I am not saying that I am great at it, I have just always loved horses. I thought it would be fun to see Payton ride a horse. She showed no fear. Walked right up, put on a helmet, and jumped aboard. She even went an extra trip around the court! When she got down from the horse, we took off her helmet and she immedeately picked it back up and asked to go again.

She is so fun. Isn't she cute!

1 comment:

Jess@craftiness is not optional said...

she's so cute and tiny up on that horse!