Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Throw up indeed

At around midnight Dave and I woke to the sound of Payton crying. Dave went up to check on her and I turned down the monitor so that her crying would not wake up Lincoln. After a few minutes Dave still hadn't come back to bed. I decided to go upstairs and make sure everything was OK. I found them in the bathroom and Payton was throwing up. This is the first time we had a vomiting child. Yikes!

Dave told me he was OK with Payton but that she had thrown up all over in her bed. Great... I hate everything about vomit especially the smell. I just about tossed my cookies changing the sheets on her bed.

The rest of the night Dave and I took turns sitting with Payton while she threw up everything she ate during the day in reverse. I think the most frustrating part is that she would not throw up in anything. I think the act of throwing up freaked her out so bad that when she did she arched her back and the vomit went everywhere, including on me...

I think she finally stopped throwing up and fell asleep around 5:30 in the morning. Basically around the time Steven and Ashley got up for Seminary. I was so afraid they were going to wake her up when they came downstairs because we had made a bed for her in the living room so that she wouldn't wake anyone up. I only slept for about an hour when Lincoln woke up to nurse. Fortunately, he went back to sleep for awhile and I got to take a nap. :o)

What a night!

2 comments:

Jess@craftiness is not optional said...

yuck! we had a night like that a few months ago when Rory and Sadie got the flu...poor things! babies are so sad when they throw up!

Wunda Girl said...

you pooooor thing. I have all the sympathy in the world for you!!!