Friday, December 10, 2010

Keeping an eye on the soup...

Payton, Lincoln, and I were in Gilroy at our weekly playgroup and my friend Amiee was making us Pumpkin Soup for lunch.  She had to run upstairs to take care of her baby and asked if I could keep an eye on the soup for her.  I said sure and then she told me that it had to simmer for about 20 minutes but that she just didn't want it to boil over.

She went upstairs and I started my job of watching the soup...After about 5 minutes I noticed it boiling a bit and thought I would just turn it down a smidge.  About a minute later Amiee came down the staris and at the same time the soup started boiling over all over the place.  What?!

Well, in my attempt to turn it down I turned it to "light", which in my head at the time registered "low".  Whoops!  At least we shared a good laugh.  Hee!  Hee!

No comments: