Thursday, December 30, 2010

Snowboarding!

I love it!  I have not been able to go snowboarding in so long.  I remember years and years ago when my friend Ron and I would go every weekend.  Man we had so much fun! 

I was so excited when I found out we were heading up to truckee for the week between Christmas and New Years.  And even more excited when I found out we were going snowboarding. 

My sister-in-law's husband Preston was even more excited than I was to go.  We were barely able to restrain his excitement.  We ended up spending two days at Squaw.  I loved it!  The weather was great and the snow was nice. 

I am kicking myself because I carried a camera around with me the whole first day and never took a single picture. 

Highlights

1) Watching Ashley take jump after jump.  That girl is fearless.
2) Not falling at all when getting off the lift.  This is a first for me!
3) Long cruising runs...Love them.
4) Preston's excitment over tree runs.
5) Ashley taking out the tallest man I have ever seen.  He was oblivious, she was coming up to the line for the lift and just couldn't stop.  He must have been at least 7 feet tall.
6) Dave slipping and sliding on the ice while trying to get on the lift.  Why is watching people slip and slide so funny?
7) Jennifer taking no crap from anyone.  :o)  Don't try and cut in front of her for any reason.  LOL
8) Lodge french fries and hot chocolate.

Good times!  I can't wait to go again.

No comments: