Monday, March 12, 2012

Cookies!

I have a very talented friend.  I am constantly amazed at the things she can do.  One of the things she does that I think would be so fun to know how to do is decorate cookies.

I asked her if she and her girls would want to come over for a cookie making play date.  One so I could learn how to decorate cookies but also so I could hang out with my friend.  :o)

As recommended, I made a batch of cookies ahead of time to decorate on the day and quickly I realized that I needed to have someone teach me the technique of making these sugar cookies.  Mine were looking horrible.  Fortunately, Jessica also made some cookies too and we were able to decorate her batch.  Ha!  Ha!  She even brought some dough for me to cut out and bake.  How nice is my friend.  :o)



I think the cookies turned out pretty awesome.  What's better is that I went on to make another batch of cookies and decorate them all by myself.  Yes!!!  Thanks Jessica!

1 comment:

Jess@craftiness is not optional said...

aw, thanks Kim! I had a blast with you making those cookies!