Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Cooking Group

Today was one busy day,  we moved from one thing to another to another.  What is that saying, no rest for the weary?

We started by dropping the car off to get the oil changed and while that was being done I took the boys to McDonalds for breakfast.  They LOVED it.  Lincoln went to preschool and I went to a Primary Presidency Meeting.  Picked up Lincoln.  Picked up Payton and her friend, Emery, for a play date.  Made treat boxes for Cooking Group.  Cleaned the house and got things ready for Truffle Night.


Somewhere during all that Lincoln started having a hard time getting along with everyone so I had him go into my room for some quiet time to reset.  When I went back a few minutes later I found him passed out.  I guess he was a wee bit tired.  Haha!  So cute!

 
 
I was so proud of myself, I had the kids fed, teeth brushed and flossed, scriptures read, prayers said, and everyone in bed by the time everyone got here for Cooking Group.  I only had a few little hiccups along the way, this being one of them.  I had to take a few pictures before I reacted because I knew I would laugh about it later.  :o)  Yes, he did unroll a roll of toilet paper.  And he was having a blast with it...




 
Cooking Group was a lot of fun.  We had a great turnout and learned how to make Truffles and Macaroons.  Why do I do this to myself?  The Truffles all looked absolutely delicious and smelled even more delicious but I did not have a single one.  I have come this far on my Healthy Habits journey I can't throw it all away now.  Haha!  I will save one for my sugar freebee.  :o)
 
I learned a lot from the guy who came to teach us.  It didn't seem too difficult after watching him do it.  I look forward to trying out my own combinations...in the future...when I am on a break from the challenge.  ;o)
 


No comments: