Saturday, January 31, 2009

And Down Came Payton Cradle and All

I think of myself as a careful person and as one that does not do stupid things. Then I look back at my past and think "Wow, that was dumb".

Dave and I were setting up the hotel play pen for Payton to sleep in, I set Payton in the middle of the bed and turned my back for one second to help put the sheet on the mattress and I heard a thud. I closed my eyes as I turned around thinking "Be the toy. Be the toy." and when I opened my eyes I saw Payton on the floor. I don't think I have ever felt more terrible than I did at that moment. Fortunately, she is fine. However, that is a sound I never want to hear again, a thud followed by a cry. Note to self she is mobile.

Today we celebrated my Grandma's 90th birthday. I was nice to see family that we had not seen in a very long time (some in over 20 years). After the birthday party we had a family get together for the family that couldn't make it to the party. Lots of yummy yummy food! Here are some photos of the family.


Kimberly, Payton, Dave, Anthony, Jennifer, Caeden, Dad, Grandma Draman, Mom

Aunt Betty, Uncle Grover, Grandma Draman



Jessica, Tristan, Jackie, Uncle Dean, Steve, Aunt Karen, Grandma Draman, Terri


Beth, Philip, Tammy, Shannon, Paul, Ethan, Sierra, Uncle Kenneth, Grandma Draman, Aunt Mary

Melanie, Jeremiah, Jena, Justy, Kurt, Landen, Melinda, Uncle Richard, Grandma Draman, Aunt Chantel

After the reunion once we got to the hotel we took a silly picture to save as the suprise new backdrop on mom's laptop.

1 comment:

Jess@craftiness is not optional said...

Oh no! I'm glad she was ok though. I hate that feeling in your stomach when they get hurt. It's no fun! Sadie has been bumping her head on EVERYTHING this week. Poor baby. Hope you have a good flight home tomorrow!