Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The Sickness Continues...

I love to workout. I like the way it makes me feel physically, mentally, and emotionally. It is one of the biggest ways I handle stress. There have been times in my life that I haven't been able to workout for one reason of another...those times were really hard.

When I get sick there is always a point in which I need to admit to being sick. Usually that is at 4:30 in the morning when my alarm goes off. I get up, grab my gym clothes, go to the bathroom, say "nope", put my gym clothes back, crawl back into bed, and tell Dave "I don't think I am going to the gym today". I am sick, so why do I feel so guilty for not going? I think it is because I am afraid that if I don't go it will be hard to start up again.

Today was my first day back. It felt good. I ran 3 1/2 miles in 30 minutes. YES!!!! Lately, it has been getting harder and harder to go to the gym. I repeat the phrase "You never regret going to the gym only not going". I feel great when I am done and I know I will. So why?

I think I may be getting bored. I have tried changing my workouts up, taking a spin class (that I love), etc... I think I want someone to work out with. I need someone that I can push but that can also push me. If anyone knows of anyone wanting to work out at 5 o'clock in the morning let me know!

So even though I am feeling better Payton is still sick. I took her to the doctor yesterday and it turns out she has a virus and a double ear infection. She has started anitbiotics. I feel so bad for her. Her nose is all plugged up and she has a horrible cough. I am happy to say that she is in a suprisingly good mood. When she sneezes snot bubbles come out both nostrils. It makes me laugh. Ha! Ha! I hope she gets better soon. Mommy needs a play date! :o)

Sick Payton playing peek-a-boo.
New news...Dave now has the sickness.

4 comments:

McKell&Janeene said...

I would love to work out with you! Darn being two states away...

Kimberly Ahlgren said...

I would love to work out with you too. Two states isn't that far and the frequent flyer miles would be awesome!

Tiffany said...

Kimberly my love!! Just saw your blog from my blog...didn't even get past this first post though and it was already bringing back memories of working out together at BYU at 5 in the morning...and even having time for you to mkae me an egg bagel sandwich before that!!! That''s funny that we are both still on that same schedule...well I actually go at 4:30 am and then back again at 4:30 in the afternoon...I too LOVEw working out...to the point I would say I am addicted...however can't manage to lose the weight...darn ice cream!! Anyway...wish you lived in AZ...that would be perfect...my partners always bail on me...they'll do good for a few weeks...and then never come back!! but good to see your doing so well!! You look amazing as always! keep in touch!!

Kimberly Ahlgren said...

Tiffany!!!! I miss you! You do two a day workouts, you are amazing!
While I was still working, I would leave my house around 4 am so I could workout, get ready and make it to the train by 6:15 am. Yuck! Now I get to the gym at 5, one because that is when it opens and two I can get my workout in and be ready by the time Payton gets up. Thank goodness she doesn't get up any earlier. :o)
I know what you mean about workout partners bailing... Hey, you guys should move to California.