Saturday, April 25, 2009

Disneyland

Yes we went to Disneyland…During most people’s spring break…Lots of people.

Overall it was a pretty good day. I found that I have enjoyed Disneyland so much more since having Payton. I think because having a baby forces you to slow down a little bit.

Since Payton is almost a year old I wanted to see if there were any rides that she could go on so that she could enjoy Disneyland from somewhere other than her stroller. :o) The first ride we tried was the Dumbo ride. She did pretty good but wasn’t sure she liked going around and around. It was probably good the ride ended when it did.

Next we tried Pirates of the Caribbean. Now I know what you are thinking, “but that ride has a couple of drops”. Well, Dave’s sister Jen had taken her son Ethan on the ride and he loved it. So I thought, why not? Well, Payton is not cut out for that king of ride yet. She really didn’t like it. I felt like the worst mother ever. Have you ever been somewhere that you just didn’t want to be? Either you are scared or uncomfortable or you would do anything to get out. Similar to how a claustrophobic might react in a crowded elevator (sorry mom). :o) That is how Payton was. She wanted out of the boat and off the ride. She finally settled down by hiding her head in my armpit.

I wish I could say the next ride went better but it did not. I thought she would love It’s a Small World. I think she thought it too similar to Pirates of the Caribbean. She cried almost the whole time and squirmed trying to get out of my arms; again settling for her head in my armpit.

Perhaps next time we will start with the really slow rides, like the stroller. :o)

On a side note, we Dave and I did get to enjoy the Indiana Jones ride as well as Space Mountain (minus Payton). Good times!

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

hey Kimberly...you will have to check out my blog a couple entries back about Disneyland...posted a pictures of my girls on Pirates...it was so hilarious/sad...they got over it luckily after the first dip in the dark...but Ty caught it perfectly. We made Sadie go on Matterhorn too...Ty figures it toughens them up...so I say good job on letting her at least try it out!! looks like fun!

Cassy said...

We took Rayne on Pirates when she was 8 months. She didn't like it either, but she was a little too young to really be scared. We tried again last year and she did ok, but still not a fan. Maybe Payton would do better on the catterpillar ride in Bug's Life that goes like 2 mph? hehe. SO fun!!

Jess@craftiness is not optional said...

that picture of her asleep is so cute! We went on Peter Pan with Sadie, the merry go round (on the bench), the teacups, and the Storybookland ride. She liked those enough, we're going back this summer, so that will be fun to try some of the others! Isn't D-land fun?

McKell&Janeene said...

How fun! your little one is such a cutie!