Thursday, April 23, 2009

Easter

I thought it was about time to catch up on my blogging. So let’s start with Easter. We had a lot of fun. We had Dave’s family down for breakfast. French Toast, Pancakes, Eggs, Bacon, Fruit, and OJ were on the menu. YUMMY!!!!

Church was next. Sacrament was really nice. It was a farewell for one of the young men in our ward who is going on a mission. The choir sang a song arranged by a friend of the soon to be missionary. I wanted it to sound awesome for them both. I thought it sounded really good. Who know what everyone else thought. The talks were really good and the spirit was strong. I just wish I could have been able to pay more attention. It is interesting how distracting an 11 month old can be. :o)

After church we headed over to my parent’s house for dinner. Honey Baked Ham, Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans, Salad, Peach Cobbler, Ice Cream, and Spice Cake. YUMMY! YUMMY! My mom also put together some great Easter baskets. Complete with Jelly Beans, Cadbury Eggs, Peeps, etc….

We did put together a little Easter basket for Payton: however, since this was Payton’s first Easter I had no clue of what to put in it. I ended up getting a couple of books and a little container of Ritz Cheese sandwiches. She liked them, so I guess that is all that matters. Besides she also got Easter treats from both grandparents.

It is so nice living so close to both our families! We have so much fun.

2 comments:

Cassy said...

She is so cute! The choir did sound amazing, so no worries! hehe. I love your little family!!

Jess@craftiness is not optional said...

what cute cousins! You guys sounded great, Nathan did such a good job on the arrangement! Kudos!