Friday, April 24, 2009

Reagan Library

We went down to San Clemente this past weekend to meet up with Dave’s family and grandparents. The drive left a lot to be desired but we did have a good time once we got there.



One of the first things we did was visit the Reagan Library. I had never heard of it before, but it was a really nice place. It was basically a museum of President Reagan’s life. If you weren’t chasing a baby around you could really learn a lot about his life before and during his presidency.

We were able to board the Air Force One that President Reagan used. It was neat to see how they had it all set up. It seemed they were able to fit quite a lot in a small space. They said that the current Air Force One is twice as big.

I am sure that President Reagan had his share of people that didn’t like him or didn’t approve of what he did during his presidency but he seemed like a he was a very noble person.

My favorite part was when we went out to the memorial where he was buried. I loved the quote written there.

In my heart I know that man is good
That what is right will always eventually triumph
And that there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

2 comments:

Cassy said...

Sounds like a really cool place. I'm in the midddle of "The Reagan Diaries" and he was a pretty honest and good guy... Even if you don't like his politics.

Jess@craftiness is not optional said...

i love museums....looks like a cool one, I would love to see an Air Force One plane on the inside! I got to see a WW2 submarine once, that was cool...