Monday, August 30, 2010

Cabinets

These entries are hard to write because I am writing them a month or two after they happened. I am trying hard to remember how I felt when all of this was going on.


The cabinets arrived August 16th... They were two weeks late.  I was so excited to get them and wanted to start putting them up right away. Ralph and I opened all of the boxes and looked to make sure everything was in good condition. I wish I could say that we were able to get the cabinets up in one day but it took a couple of weeks, they were up on August 30th.




We still need to put up the molding around the top, the kick plate, the handles, and other misc things but they are up enough to put all our stuff in and I think they look great! I fear that the parts that are not done yet will still not be done a year from now but we will see. :o)

There is something to be said about doing the work yourself; while stressful at the time I am so proud of all I/we have learned how to do.

1 comment:

Britney said...

I can't wait to see pictures (or in person, which would be better) your new house!