Saturday, August 7, 2010

Swimming

Today was Lincoln’s first day swimming!


When Payton was little I remember seeing parent’s blow into their children’s face and then dunk them under the water. I didn’t know what I thought about that…like it or nope. Well I talked to my mom, who used to teach a baby and me swimming class, she said that that is what they used to have the parents do in the class. Well, I didn’t have the guts to do it with Payton but I decided what the heck, let’s see what he does. He did great! I wouldn’t say he loved it but he didn’t cry. I decided to do it at least once each time we went swimming just to get him used to getting his face wet. We will see if he ends up having nightmares about his mom trying to drown him.

It seems he is comfortable in the water; he took several really good naps while in the pool.


Today was the first day Payton attempted…was encouraged to swim by herself. She did great! There was no doubt that she was REALLY nervous. But I am glad that she had such a good experience, I am hoping that she remembers so she will be excited to try next year.



No comments: