Thursday, August 19, 2010

Painter Problems...

So if you are ever looking for a good painter we know the one you should stay away from...It always seems too good to be true and in hind sight it always is. 

We hired the same painter that painted my parent's house.  He did a great job for them and figured he would do the same for us.  I really really wish he would have.  Instead we paid him just over $4000 and ended up having to do it all ourselves.  Needless to say I am really not the biggest fan of painting or our painter.

I wish I would have been smarter about how much money we paid him and when we paid it to him.

After weeks of painting, the interior of our home is pretty much complete with the exception of a few touch ups.  The exterior is a different story, still unpainted.

What did our painter do?  He painted the ceilings, a majority of the walls, and the baseboards in the bedrooms.  Wait!  It sounds like he did a lot of painting doesn't it.  Maybe I should mention that when I say he painted the walls he painted all but the parts he had to cut in and that when he did start to cut in he had run out of paint and didn't match the paint.  Also that when he painted the walls he slopped...no...dripped wall paint all over the brand new door trim.  Exhibit A...


During the time he was doing the painting there were several times he disappeared.  No call and no show for days or even a week at a time.  When he came back he was always very apologetic.


I wish I would have listened to my mother-in-law, Michelle, when she told me to cut my losses and not let him back in the house.  I just wanted to try and get the most work out of him that I could.  Had I known that I would have to fix and then redo everything he did I would have.


On a positive note, I have aquired a bunch of skills.  I am decent at cutting in, using a sprayer, and getting the job done.  :o)

I couldn't have finished the painting without the help of my mom and dad, Michelle, Ashley, and Steven Ahlgren and the Burdette family.  Connie Burdette even brought over homemade enchiladas, salad, and the best brownies I have ever tasted.

Stay tuned for before and after pictures!

No comments: