Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Brennen's Birthday Playdate

This week we had a surprise birthday play date for Brennen Marr.  I told Payton that we were going to go to the Marr's house for the play date and she was really excited.  She was even more excited when I told her that it was Brennen's birthday.  I asked her if she wanted to make a card to take to Brennen and she said, "Of course".  So we worked during Lincoln's nap on a card for Brennen.  She instructed me on what colors we needed to use, what it needed to say, and where to put all the embellishments she wanted to add.  She appeared to be very excited to give it to him.  She carried it out to the car, held it on the ride over, and all the way up to the gate.  But when we went through the gate she froze up and wouldn't even hold the card and then hid behind my legs when we gave it to him.  What a silly girl.

A little later, after she had warmed up to the idea of being there and saw that no one was on the trampoline she wanted to go over and try it out.  It has been a long time since I have seen her with that big of a smile on her face.  I wish I had had my camera with me.  She was laughing and having such a good time.  It made me smile.

No comments: