Friday, April 29, 2011

Payton's 3rd Birthday Princess Party

Today is Payton's 3rd Birthday!
As with tradition the birthday girl got to go out to breakfast with her daddy to the "Waffle House" or Holder's Inn.  When he woke her up she was so excited.  She talked excited while he was trying to get her ready to leave.  In the pas,t she has just worn her pajamas to breakfast but today she just HAD to wear her princess dress.  She is so cute!


I think she was ready for her party to start as soon as she got back from breakfast.  She kept asking when her friends were going to get here.  She was like a little energizer bunny. 

Since this was a princess party everyone was invited to dress up as their favorite princess.  Payton's favorite has been Cinderella for as long as I can remember.  However, two days before her party she informed me that Tangled (or Rapunzel) was now her favorite.  I told her too bad and that Cinderella would have to be her favorite for another couple of days.  Ha! Ha!

So to start, we had everyone decorate their own tiara or shield depending on if you were a prince or princess.  I love Oriental Trading Company.  Lots of good stuff there.

(Payton, Olivia, Caeden, Willow)
After everyone was done with their tiara and shield, we went out for a "Treasure" Hunt.  I stuffed a bunch of Easter Eggs with rings and hid them around the backyard along with necklaces, bracelets, and swords.  The kids were so cute with all their "loot".

(Aimee, Ben, Gage, Caeden, and Payton; Sadie and Lathan; Olivia; Lincoln)
We also played "Who sings this?" I had pictures of the princesses hung around the family room and played songs sung by the different princesses, when they recognized who was singing the song they had to go stand in front of the princesses picture. 

After that we matched the prince to the princess.  I printed out pictures of all the princes and held one up at a time, then had them match the prince to the princess on the wall.

LUNCH!!!  The princess requested Chicken Nuggets and Tater Tots.  No problem!  Ha! Ha!  I like easy. 

After lunch we "Slayed the Dragon"  I was able to find a dragon pinata that sort of looked like the dragon in Sleeping Beauty.  It took a little bit for them to bust that thing open but fortunately for us Brianne had hit a pinata before and had quite the swing.  Thank you Brianne!

I am so glad that I have a sister in the cake business.  That is one thing I will not have to worry about in the forseeable future.  Well, unless you have a husband that wants the one cake that she doesn't make...that is another story.  ;o)  Anyway, Payton requested "blue" cake.  I had to make sure my sister understood that it was the cake she wanted to be blue and not just the frosting.  The blue cupcakes were a hit!  Jen was afraid we would be weirded out because the cakes color reminded her of a kitchen sponge.  Ha! Ha!

(Caeden, Payton, Gage, Sadie)
(Willow, Brianne, Lincoln)
PRESENTS!!!! Everyone was so generous.  Payton was in heaven and honestly has played with or used EVERYTHING she got.  I love this age, the kids were all so excited to see what Payton was getting.  My poor mom was trying to take pictures but couldn't ever get good one because there were so many kiddos surrounding Payton.


The party ended just in time for naps!  Yay!  However, the celebrating did not end there.  We ended up going to the Jungle for dinner.   This is a great place for kids.  It is a huge maze of tunnels, slides, and obsticles.  A great workout for parents trying to keep up with the kids going through the maze.  Ha!  Ha! 

Lincoln wasn't to crazy about the maze area but had a blast running around the perimeter.  I spent the majority of the evening on my hands and knees crawling through the maze after Payton.  She loved it!


To finish the evening we had to have cake.  Yes, more blue cake.  :o)  Can you see why I told her that Cinderella had to be her favorite for another couple of days?  Hee!  Hee!  It was probably a horrible idea to feed them cake at 10 o'clock at night, but hey, it's her birthday.  SUGAR!!!!


What a fun day!

2 comments:

Cassy said...

SO fun! I am so bummed that we had to miss it :( Happy Birthday, Payton!!

benilhalk said...

This post remembers me of my princess birthday few days back. Want to share my everlasting experience at one of the lavish event space San Francisco for dinner. Cake cutting ceremony was awesome. All kids singing and dancing looked cute. Clicked so many pictures. Will definitely share them here.