Thursday, December 17, 2009

Christmas Tree Decorating

Let me start by saying that Costco is a great place to shop for your Christmas tree. Well, that is unless you want to go out and chop one down yourself. If that is the case Costco would definately not give you the same experience. :o)

For as long as I can remember I have been a fake tree sort of gal. Let's face it, I would rather have my curious kitties knock over a fake one than a real on with a dish of water underneath it.

Anyway, Dave's family always gets a real tree. I believe they usually get it from the same place too, I just can't remember where they said they had gotten them. This year they decided that it would be easier just to go to Costco and pick one up. So Dave and a I volunteered for the job of going to get one.

You just go up to the register and tell them you want a tree, they give you a receipt, you go out to the parking lot and pick one out of a truck. They are all bound up and ready to go. I was nervous about not being able to see the tree unbound and was afraid that we would end up with one with a big gap in the branches or something. Fortunately, my worries were for nothing.

When Dave and his dad brought it into the house it all of a sudden seemed taller than it did when getting it out of the truck. Then once they got it in the stand and unbound it... The best way to describe it was from the scene on Christmas Vacation. That tree is huge! Beautiful but huge!

This last Sunday was decorating day. Payton decided she was going to help. It was so cute. She kept pulling out all the empty ornament boxes and handing them to her grandma. Then came the bead garland. I am just glad she didn"t take off running while the garland was drapped over her shoulders. Lastly came the discovery of the Candy Canes.

Need I say more. :o)

1 comment:

Jess@craftiness is not optional said...

i love that scene in christmas vacation! hehe!