Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Pregnancy

I realized after taking these pictures that I should not allow anyone to take pictures of me while pregnant. Not pretty. At least not great when taking them of myself. I will have to have Dave take some pics of me that I can be proud of. :o)

So this is me at 37 weeks pregnant. I am hoping that this little boy decides that he wants to come early. However, I have told the doctor that this will not be the case and that my due date will come and go and she will need to schedule the C-section. For those of you who didn't know, I had to have Payton by C-section because she was confused about how she was supposed to come out. Evidently she was under the impression that rear first was a good idea.

At my doctor's appointment this week we discovered that our little boy baby may be a little confused as well. He is at least head down but has decided that he prefers the sunny side up position better than the "normal" back facing position. Not optimal positioning especially when attempting a VBAC. My doctor says there is still time for him to turn and that this doesn't mean that I cannot still try a VBAC. She just said it makes it harder. Wish us all luck!


Truth be told, I am really excited for this little guy to come. This pregnancy has definately been more difficult that my first and I feel bad because I feel like I complain a lot. Dave (and his family) have been VERY patient with me. But I am thankful that I have had the opportunity to have children and that I have been able to experience life growing inside me. I am scared that I will not be able to handle two kids but I am looking forward to the challange. I can't wait to hold him, to watch Dave with him, and to see how Payton interacts with him. Exciting times.

2 comments:

Cassy said...

You're gonna do great! If I can handle (most of the time) having two you can! And for those times when you can't you come over to my house and we can compare notes as we watch our cuties play :)

Josh and Megan said...

Congrats!! you really do look great for a lil' preggo!