Monday, January 3, 2011

Making The Cut

Baby weight.  Why in the world is it so hard for some people to lose?  And by some people I mean me.  Why is it so hard for me to lose it?

I just don't get it.  I eat the same as I did before I got pregnant and I workout the same as I did before I got pregnant.  Why wouldn't I just eventually settle back to my pre pregnancy weight?

Enter Jilian Michaels...Those of us that watch Biggest Loser all know who she is and probably either hate her or would love to work out with her.  Ha! Ha!  Well, I am one that would love to workout with her.  I would absolutely love the challenge.  Anyway, I stumbled accross her book "Making the Cut" while I was looking up magazine subscriptions on the Nook. 

The summary basically stated that this book was was for people in good overall physical shape that wanted to lose 20 or less pounds.  I thought, "Hey, that's me!"

I read the book and was more excited to get started and see results.  The workout portion of the program seems totally doable.  Unlike other programs like Insanity that have you working out 6 days a week Jillian's program has you working out 4 days a week.  The diet portion is a different story, I am not a fish person and her diet involved eating fish like 4 days a week. Yuck!  Anyway, I decided to just calculate my BMR and eat in that calorie range.

Wish me luck!

No comments: