Friday, August 8, 2014

Austin's Birthday

I can't believe my baby is 2!

He is everything BOY.  He loves running, climbing, exploring and does his best to keep up with his older brother and sister.  He will not be left out of anything. 

Since Austin loves anything with wheels we decided to make the theme of his birthday party Planes, Trains, and Automobiles (and boats).  Instead of having organized games we left it a play date feel.  We had an area with cars and a ramp, an area with trains, little planes, and wading pools with boats.

My little helpers were having a grand old time getting everything set up and ready for the party. Lincoln and Austin were helping to fill the wading pools and somehow ended up drenched.  Hmmm.

As always I learned how to do some new things on my Silhouette and was really excited about that.  This time I learned how to weld objects, which basically means taking several shapes and making them one shape.  This was great because it gave me the ability to create a basic silhouette of a car, boat, plane, and train without having to glue a bunch of pieces together.  I really liked how it turned out.

 
 

 

In the past, I have enjoyed being clever with naming the lunch items.  However, this time I decided not to.  Partly because all the cute ideas I had or could find involved a lot of work and effort that I figured would be wasted on a bunch of 2 year olds that wouldn't have even realized the fruit they were eating was put together in the shape of a car.  Haha!  So I settled for car, plane, and boat cookies and cupcakes with fun transportation toppers.

We made sandwiches for the kids (which I did cut into shapes) with fishy crackers, pretzels, watermelon, and yogurt.  Then made Chipotle style burrito bowls for the mamas.  Funny thing was that a majority of the kids chose to eat the beans and rice over the sandwiches.


The kids seemed to have a good time.  They played with everything we had out to play with along with all the other toys in our playroom.  The only child who seemed disappointed was our little friend Gage who was upset about me not getting our toy guns out.  :o)





 



After Austin's birthday play date we had just enough time to clean up and get the birthday boy a nap before we had family over for a little dinner celebration.
 

In addition to our normal family we were also excited to have Kristen's sister, Kira, over.  She was so nice.  Even let Payton teach her how to make rainbow loom bracelets.  We also were lucky enough to see Uncle Anthony.  He just happened to be in town this weekend.  What luck!

 
It was a really nice day and I think Austin loved being the center of attention.

 
 
Happy Birthday Buddy!

No comments: