Friday, March 13, 2009

A Successful Dinner!

The dinner I cooked last night was awesome! It was so good that I am going to eat it again for lunch. :o) It feels good to have at least one meal that tastes really good after you have had so many OK tasting meals.

We had Chicken Cacciatore ( I got the recipe from my sister, who got it from somebody else)

Here is the recipe just in case anyone else wants to try it. Please note my little changes...

4 Chicken Breasts
1/4 Cup Butter
2 tbsp Olive Oil
1 Onion (I used the dried onion flakes that you can get from Costo)
1/2 Green or Red Bell Pepper (I used the frozen sliced bell pepper mix, I probably put in more than half a pepper)
2 Cloves Garlic, minced (I used a tbsp of minced garlic, I just have a jar I keep in the fridge)
1 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Pepper
1/2 tsp Basil
2 Can Stewed Tomatoes with liquid
1/2 Cup Chicken Broth
Rice or Orzo/Rizo Pasta

Brown chicken in butter and oil. Add onion, bell pepper, garlic, salt, pepper, and basil. Cook, stiring occasionally, until onion is tender. Add stewed tomatoes and mix. Bring to Boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add chicken broth and simmer additional 10 minutes. Serve over rice or pasta. We also like it with garlic bread. Yummy!