Wednesday, March 11, 2009

You're only a baby once!

I am really enjoying the book "Trees Make the Best Mobiles". The chapter I just read today was about how babies are only babies once and to just let them be babies. It talked about not comparing your baby to other babies and to not let milestones become millstones. I liked the comment "ask yourself who knows better about being a baby - you at twenty, thirty, or eveb forty years' removed, or your 7 month old?" I also liked when it said "No prospective employer is going to look at your adult child's job application and say, "I'm sorry, only people who walked by their first birthday are being considered for the position.""

So I took a second stab at the Chicken Noodle Soup. I have to say that it was a lot better without the Sweetend Condensed Milk. :o) It wasn't as good as I remember it being when Debbie made it. Maybe she has the special touch. LOL

Here is the recipe as requested.

6 - 8 Cups Water
4 Chicken Breasts
4 Chicken Bouillon Cubes
1/2 Tbsp Poultry Seasoning
2 Bay Leaves
Salt and Pepper
2 Large Carrots
2 Stalks Celery
1/2 Onion
2 Potatoes, cut up
1 Can Cream of Chicken
1 Package Chicken Gravy Mix
1 Can Evaporated Milk

Cook 1st six ingredients. Take out chicken, cut up. Add next four ingredients. Cook veggies until tender, then add last three. Bring to boil and add extra wide egg noodles.

*If spliting in 1/2 do it before adding the noodles.
*To make thicker, double soup, gravy mix, and evaporated milk.

1 comment:

Cassy said...

I am totally on board with the no comparing thing! I know people who do it with everything and it bu-ugs! But at least if they really do ask if she walked by her first birthday Payton will get the job! hehe.