Sunday, March 8, 2009

Sweetend Condensed Milk and Chicken Soup

I have been desperately trying to improve my domestic abilities by making a menu and making dinner each night. Some of the things I have made I would totally make again and other things...not so much. Maybe now is the time to mention that I have been known to mess up hambuger helper before. Oops! :o) Well, Saturday night Dave and I had Jen and Anthony over for dinner and a little Settlers of Catan. I decided to make this Cream of Chicken Noodle Soup that my roommate Debbie used to make. Yummy! Well, I was adding the second to last ingredient...Condensed Milk? Now that didn't sound right. I asked Dave, Jen, and Anthony if there was a difference between Sweetend Condensed Milk and Condensed Milk and everyone thought that they were the same thing. So I did it, I added Sweetend Condensed Milk to the soup. BIG MISTAKE! Just imagine seeing this savory soup and then tasting it and it being super sweet. Yuck! I was so sad. A big pot of sweet Cream of Chicken Noodle Soup. I called my roommate Debbie to ask about the recipe and the condensed milk was supposed to be evaporated milk. Bummer! I am going to try it again. Wish me luck!

For the Settlers record...

Kimberly -1
Jennifer - 1
Dave - 2
Anthony - 0

Say no more...

3 comments:

Cassy said...

Hehe. Hopefully the next batch is as yummy as you remember.

Jess@craftiness is not optional said...

yummm. Sweet cream of chicken soup! haha. Bummer it didn't turn out. We should go on some walks this week since it's sunny! (but cold)

McKell&Janeene said...

Thats a bummer! You should post the recipe though... I am always looking for something new to make. :)