Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Lincoln tries to be Superman!

We went to our friend Ela's house today to play.  They have a nice big trampoline that the kids just love to play on.

While the kids were outside playing, I was standing at the kitchen sink looking out the window watching the kids play.  I had been watching them for 10 to 15 minutes and had seen all the kids get on and off the trampoline several times.  They were doing great!

All of a sudden I see Lincoln standing on the edge of the trampoline in his "jumping stance".  The same stance he takes when he is about to jump off the couch.  He's going to jump off the trampoline...That would be like jumping off the kitchen counter!  As I see him I say, "No, don't jump!" 

Ela was out the door before I finished the sentence.  I think I paused thinking/hoping he would land on his feet.  Unfortunately, that didn't happen.  His little legs hit the retaining wall around the trampoline causing him to go face first into the grass.  Ouch!



I am just so glad that his teeth didn't go all the way through his lip.  Heck!  I am so glad he didn't go face first into the retaining wall. 

Poor little guy!

No comments: