Monday, January 4, 2010

90% Effaced and 1 Centimeter Dilated

So my original appointment for this week was Tuesday but because I have been so miserable I switched for today. You know it is bad when your doctor tells you any of the following "Oh wow, you really don't look good", "I can't even look at you without my eyes watering, you are so packed through your sinuses", and "I hope for your sake you don't go into labor". I will probably regret saying this but I told Dr. Pollard that I didn't care if I was pregnant for another month if she could get rid of my illness. The sinus pressure is by far the worse of the symptoms, then not being able to breathe, then the nausea, and then my skin sensitivity.

So I have been on antibiotics for 2 days now, Sudafed, Afrin (nasal spray), and Tylenol. The only additional thing she could advise me to do is do a nasal lavage. Wish me luck on that one. When Dave gets back from the store with the kit I will be flushing my sinuses with a pint of saline. Yikes! Hey, I am desperate. I hope it helps.

This is a silly picture of me on Christmas. I was supposed to stand in the spot we would be taking our family pictures so Dave could play with the settings on the camera. I could totally be a model...NOT!

Anyway, after two full days and nights of contractions I am 90% effaced and only 1 centimeter dilated. I am beginning to feel like Rachel on Friends when she was in labor. Dr. Pollard said that if I haven't had the baby by my next appointment (Monday) that we would need to have a conversation about what we are going to do to get this baby out. I am hoping to have had him by then but who knows.

No comments: