Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A Busted Phone

Yesterday I was feeding Payton breakfast and my phone made that beep it does when it is telling me that it has been a while since I had synced my phone. I thought, ahhh I will just look at it when I am done feeding Payton. Well, when I finished feeding Payton and went over to look at it it was dead. Dead as a door nail. Nothing happened at all. I couldn't get the phone to turn on for the life of me.

When Dave got home from work he tried and...nothing. Yikes! What a time to lose your life line.

We had been talking about switching carriers from Verizon to Sprint to get a better and more affordable plan and decided that since I was going to need a new phone that this would be as good of time as any to do it.

The good news is that Dave and I got a couple of really neat phones. Dave finally got his Palm Pre and I got the Palm Pixi. It has been fun discovering all the neat things the phone can do.

The bad news is that Sprint has been unable to transfer my Verizon number over to the new phone yet (hopefully by tomorrow) and I lost everything on my previous phone (contacts, calendar items, tasks, memos, birthdays, etc.). I spent half the day trying rebuild my contact list.

So be expecting an email from me asking for phone numbers and birthdates. :o)

1 comment:

KillerKellerjr said...

Ah this is why its good to have a gmail account and sync you contacts. Then you will never loose them. I love it as I can go from one phone to another and easily get my contacts on my phone.