Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Baby Update

My last doctor's appointment was on Monday. Same story as last time sat on the monitor for 20 minutes, no contractions. Although, I was a whole 2 centimeters dilated. Nice!

Dr. Pollard told me that there were a couple trains of thought when deciding what to do when a VBAC candidate hits 40 weeks with no action. Some feel that you should just go ahead with the C-Section since your chances for having a uterine rupture increase the farther past your due date you go. She feels it is OK to go a little beyond the due date to give the person a little more time to go into labor naturally. But that she likes to get a feel for what the person wants to do.

I told her that I was fine either way. She said what we could do is just set a date and if the baby hasn't come by that time then do the C-Section. I told her that that sounded good. So the plan is/was that if the baby didn't make his appearance by my appointment on Thursday that we would just head over to the hospital and do the C-Section Thursday evening or Friday afternoon.

As of this moment, still no contractions. My appointment is tomorrow at 3:15. The more I think about actually having the baby the more I want to just have a C-Section. I think it is because I have never given birth naturally and the thought of delivering a 9 plus pound baby scares the crap out of me. I really hope that we can just do the C-Secion tomorrow instead of waiting until Friday but we will see how things go.

No comments: