Thursday, January 7, 2010

Another Rough Night

Early this week we heard that my sister's daughter Caeden had pnemonia and a double ear infection. Ouch! After hearing that Dave and I decided to call the doctor and see if we should bring Miss Payton in too. After all they had been hanging out together because Jen and I figured they had the same crud that the rest of us had. I am so glad we ended up taking her because she ended up having an double ear infection and a sinus infection. My poor baby.

The doctor ended up prescribing Payton this anitbiotics that she has never taken before and unfortunately she doesn't like it. The first night she was on it was a very long night. We put her down for bed at 8 and she was up crying a few hours later. She didn't end up going to sleep until around 6 in the morning. All night all she wanted to do was "play, play" or "book, book". If we tried to put her back in her bed she would scream and cry. So once Steven and Ashley had gotten up for Seminary we took her up and said good night. She fussed for a while but thankfully went to sleep.
These pictures are of Payton after the first night of sleeping with Dave and I. I think that was Friday night or something. She initially fell asleep in the chair with me, then woke up crying, walked to the middle of the room, layed down and was out for the count.
As for me and my ailments...I just finished the last of my antibiotics and used the Afrin for the max days it says on the box. So this morning instead of having a sinus headache on only the left side of my face it is right smack dab in the middle, accros both sides. I have decided to give up on sniffing and am close to giving up on blowing my nose since it seems neither of those things help. LOL ;o)
I will say that at least this sinus infection has made me forget about many of the discomforts of pregnancy. My head and face hurt so bad that I haven't even thought about how uncomfortable I was before this hit. Now that is looking at the positive side of things.
Tomorrow is my due date. Yay! No real action as of yet. I will keep you posted.

3 comments:

Cassy said...

Your poor family! At least this is all coming before baby does :)

Jess@craftiness is not optional said...

yikes! hope you all feel better soon so you're on top of your game when this little guy comes!

*Stephanie Lance* said...

Oh my gosh that is just tragic! I'm sorry to hear that things around your house haven't been so happy! That sounds MISERABLE!! Those pictures are SO cute and funny!! Poor baby!!! Hopefully things will start looking up for you guys!! I am so excited for baby news!! I can't wait to see that post!!! :)