Friday, January 8, 2010

My Due Date is here!

Today is baby boy's due date! Or should I say was his due date. It seems so wierd for this day actually be here. For the longest time it seemed so far away and now it is almost over. I am so excited to meet this little man that has been inside for so long and even though I am anxious for him to come I am so thankful he is giving me the time to recover from this sickness I have had for the past week.

I have to say that I am so thankful for the priesthood. I finally asked Dave and his dad to give me a blessing last night. Although I was not instantaneously healed, today is the first day that I have not felt worse. Yay!

Dave's dad said he got the feeling during the blessing that if Dave and I picked a name for the little guy that he would feel more comfortable in coming. Dave thinks the little guy already knows his name and is just waiting for us to guess it. LOL Poor guy might leave the hospital with Baby Boy Ahlgren on his birth certificate.

These pictures are the 3-D ultrasound pictures we had done in November. I think it is so neat to be able to see his little face. I pulled out the pictures tonight to try and help us pick a name. I have to admit that it didn't help...yet. :o)

These next pictures are of me today. Notice none of the pictures show my face. I told Dave to be creative with the prego shots because I didn't feel up to putting make up on today. He did take a couple with my face in them but I figured I would spare you the zombie shots. Ha! Ha!

It is funny to think that now when someone asks when I am due I get to say "oh, yesterday"or "a couple days ago". :o) I never thought that would happen in a million years. I honestly thought he would be here by now.

2 comments:

Cassy said...

Come on baby!! Make sure you let us know when he finally decides to make an appearance :)

Jess@craftiness is not optional said...

i just hope you never have to say your due date was 10 days ago, like i did. that stinks! good luck with the name! and ditto what cassy said, we wanna know when he gets here!

love ya,

jess