Friday, April 2, 2010

Breaking Point!

To make a long story short...

My niece Caeden has Hand, Foot, and Mouth Disease and has exposed Payton and Lincoln to it...

Lincoln has been on a hunger strike for the past week. He has gone from eating every two hours on both sides to hardly ever. Sunday he nursed 4 times in 24 hours. Yesterday he ate at 2 pm and didn't want to have anything to do with eating until around midnight. At the same time he has been the fussiest little guy.

Payton started up with a runny nose and fever Wednesday and has been battling something ever since. She has been very sad.

We are waiting to see if Payton ends up with Hand, Foot, and Mouth Disease and are wondering if Lincoln had/has it.

I just keep telling myself that everyone has their breaking point. Yesterday Payton and Lincoln spent the majority of the day crying. No real naps were taken and if there was a nap it wasn't at the same time the other kiddo was sleeping. so basically no break from the crying...

Around 6:45 last night I hit my breaking point. I had Ashley put Payton in her crib and I put Lincoln in his crib then called Dave and asked when he was going to be home. He said 5 minutes and then asked why. I told him that both kids were crying and that I had put both of them in their beds and was not going near either of them until he got home. He laughed and said, "Oh, OK. I will be right there."

All the crying was getting to me. I just needed a break.

I am so proud of myself for not losing my cool.

2 comments:

Cassy said...

You deserve a medal! I would have broken long before and lost my cool with everyone in my way! You are an awesome mom!!

Jess@craftiness is not optional said...

Good for you Kim! You're so patient. That was smart too, to get away from them, even for the few minutes til Dave got home! ;)