Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Whew! What a day.



Let me start by saying that I am exhausted. Today started off to be a very trying day and fortunately ended better than it started.

Lincoln and I enjoyed a very leisurely morning. He seemed very happy, it was nice. He even went down for his first nap before Payton woke up. This is where it started. Payton got up and pretty much had a problem with everything. She didn't want to use the potty, didn't want me to change her diaper, didn't want to take a shower, didn't want to put on clothes, didn't want to brush her teeth, didn't want me touching her hair, didn't like the way I was preparing her breakfast. I could go on but I think you get the idea. ;O) Terrible Twos anyone!

Her crying and carrying on while I was doing her hair woke Lincoln up from his nap which put him in a bad mood. Today was probably not the day to try this new hairdo from www.girlydohairstyles.com, a double french braid with a zig zag part instead of a straight one. Not bad for my first try.



Anyway, I had two crying children part of the way through getting Payton ready, all the way through breakfast and several bouts throughout the day. My nerves were definitely shot, thank goodness for primary songs. I just kept singing them, which reminds me that I need to look up the words to several songs...I know I am singing them wrong. At least Payton and Lincoln are too small to realize it.

Potty training has taken a major jump back. It is like Payton doesn't even try to make it to the toilet anymore. I guess I don't blame her. She doesn't have a very good example. When did I start losing bladder control? Half the time I didn't even realize I had to use the restroom. Why not...two crying children and peeing my pants make for a wonderful day. Ha! Ha! Anyway, Dave and I have decided to start using the regular diapers again instead of the pull ups...on Payton, not me ;o) (they are way too expensive to use for a child that isn't even trying).

This afternoon while I was nursing Lincoln I noticed Payton sit down with her doll "Baby Bow", a mini boppy pillow, and her security blanket. She proceeded to nurse Baby Bow on both sides and then burp her. I wish I had had my camera at my finger tips. It was so cute, she was talking to her baby the whole time saying what she was doing, just like what I do when nursing Lincoln. This makes me giggle. The day is looking up.

Both kids take a nap at the same time. The day is getting even better.

When Payton wakes up she just wants to cuddle with me. Did I have a tough morning?

Lincoln wakes up, is all smiles and has a lot to say. This was the best day ever!

2 comments:

Cassy said...

We all have those days! At least they made it up to you :)

Jess@craftiness is not optional said...

hehe...glad it ended better than it began! we had one of those days on Monday. :{ The morning was horrific, but afternoon was good. ??? who knows why kids act the way they do? :D