Monday, April 5, 2010

Decorating Easter Eggs

I wish I were one of those mom's that had cool little things planned for each little holidays. Nothing extravagant, maybe just a little craft or cookies to decorate. As it is, I am the mom that looks at other people's blogs and says, "man, that was such a great idea".



Fortunately for me or better yet Payton Dave's mom, Michelle, is just that kind of mom and had picked up a Easter Egg Decorating Kit. Ashley, Payton, and I had a great time decorating eggs. Both Payton and I had multicolored hands for the rest of the day, Ashley was more experienced and was able to keep her fingers out of the dye. ;o)



We made deviled eggs out of some of them for dinner last night and are planning to make egg salad sandwiches with the remaining eggs. Yummy!

1 comment:

Jess@craftiness is not optional said...

My mom found a cool idea- you use ball canning jars with dye in them, and whisks. You put the egg in the whisk and dip it in the dye, so there's virtually no mess! Just watch out for drips when you take it out. Sadie loved it! She also loved putting stickers on them.