Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Pancakes and Toenails...

I have been putting reminders in my phone of things that happen each day that I want to remember to blog about. I wish I could get a schedule figured out so that I could blog each day and not feel like I need to catch up all the time. Oh well...

Last week I asked Payton if she wanted to help me make breakfast, we were having pancakes. She was very excited about helping and even drug the chair over to the counter by herself. I had her measure out the Krusteaz mix, add the water, and stir. I should mention that she tried to eat the mix powder, spilled half the water on the counter and decided after two stirs of the spoon that she was done. LOL We had fun making them and then fun eating them!





Caeden and mom joined us for part of breakfast, Caeden wanted to partake of some of our yummy pancakes too. :o)

My mom and I have decided to try to plan more activities for Payton and Caeden on the days we hang out to try and prevent the pushing and hitting that happens when they are just free playing. It was such a beautiful day we decided to go outside. Payton had fun taking "Baby Bow" for a walk in her stroller and later Caeden enjoyed pushing around an empty stroller. Hee! Hee! Lincoln decided to relax and take a snooze in the fresh air.







I actually found an article on baby center about planning successful play dates. They had a lot of good ideas one of which was how to avoid conflict by putting away your child's favorite toys and also to plan breaks like baking cookies or reading a book. My mom and I are trying to implement some of these ideas into our play dates.



After a little while of just letting the girls run around playing we gave the girls pedicures. Payton was so excited she wouldn't let me put socks on her for two days! I wish I was better at painting nails...but who can tell on a running two year old if the nails are perfect.







So cute!

1 comment:

Cassy said...

Love the nails! Little girls are so much fun!! Think the baby boys would let us do that? hehe!