Friday, May 30, 2014

Gilroy Gardens with the Cousins

What a fun day we had today.  The plan was to pick Payton up from school and meet up with Great Grandma, Grandma, Caeden, and Maddix at Gilroy Gardens,  And that is exactly what we did!

The kids were so funny as we first entered the park.  They each had a map of the park and were trying to decide what rides they wanted to go on and map out how to get there.  We started off doing the usual rides, the carousel, the strawberries, and then on to the spinning cups and fishies. 

Austin was so funny.  He wanted to go on the fishie ride but as soon as it started he got a very concerned/fearful expression on his face and screamed for me the whole ride.  Then 5 minutes later when Payton and Caeden decided that they wanted to go on it he HAD to go on it again.  And again once the ride started he panicked.  At least toward the end of the ride he seemed to loosen up and halfway enjoy himself.  It is so hard being the little guy with a bunch of big kids.

Toward the end of the day Caeden, Maddix, and Lincoln decided they wanted to ride the rattlesnack rollercoaster.  As it turns out they were all tall enough to ride on the ride but not tall enough to ride alone.  So Auntie Kimberly got to ride the roller coaster three times in a row.  I would ride with one as the other two stood at the gate and as the ride ended I would switch kiddos until all had a chance to ride.  Each were so different in their reactions to the ride.  I have to say I was most impressed with Lincoln as he has always preferred the tamer rides.  He was very nervous at the beginning but by the end of the ride was asking to go again.  Yessss!  Maybe one of my children will end up riding roller coasters with me afterall.  :o)


Besides the rides, Gilroy Gardens has these magical areas with water.  So nice on hot days.  The first area we went to was just a little splash pad that had water shooting up through the ground, a good warm up to the bigger water area.  The kids played here for a little while then started asking about the bigger water area.

The bigger water area  was a lot more water.  At the splash pad it is fairly easy to avoid getting wet if you really don't want to.  In the bigger area, forget it.  I tried to help Austin with one of the water guns and ended up getting beamed in the chest with what felt like a stream of water from a fire hose.  So glad I was not wearing a white shirt.  Haha!

A little later when I was trying to take a picture of one of the kids I accidentally got too close to the water geyser area.  Happy to say that my phone stayed dry and again so glad I wasn't wearing a white shirt.  :o)
I am so glad we were able to go.  The kids had so much fun and I love watching them just enjoy themselves.  Happy day!

No comments: