Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Apricot Jam

Yesterday the Day's were nice enough to let Aimee and I come over and raid their apricot tree. One thing led to another and Aimee and I were making jam last night. 3 whole batches.


I am suprised that we were successful. Neither of us had ever made jam before on our own and both of us have a history of not being good with recipes or directions. :o) All 3 batches turned out and all the jars of jam sealed. We are very excited. I hope it tastes super yummy.


So while I was at the gym I read an article about a woman that worked out during her pregnancy. She talked about her experience with people giving her disapproving looks while she was jogging or making comments like "your belly is supposed to pop out" while she was doing ab exercises. I got a kick out of the article because I remember when I was pregnant with Payton people always gave me their two cents about my workouts.

The writer made the comment that she thought it was interesting that more people, especially those that are so into fitness didn't know or understand the benefits of working out while pregnant. Of course you do need to be resonable and listen to your body but overall it is really good for you. I am so glad I have the doctor that I have. She really supports me staying active during my pregnancy and just tells me to listen to my body and that it will tell me when I can't do something which it unfortunately has started to do. I have already had to start backing off on the amount of weight that I am lifting. But I did run 3 1/2 miles this morning and that felt good!

I really want to get a prenatal pilates and/or yoga video. Does anyone know of any good ones?

No comments: