Friday, August 21, 2009

Arts and Crafts Day

Yesterday morning my mom and I did some fun artsy things with Payton. I found this little "thing" in the dollar racks at Target. It has a little sponge that you get wet and rub over a picture of Hello Kitty. When the picture gets wet the colors appear very bright but when it dries the picture fades to an uncolored pictures from a coloring book. What's better is that it is reusable. I think she got a kick out of it. She let grandma and great grandma take a turn "coloring".

Next came the play-doh. The first time we played with play-doh she tried to eat it. I only bought play-doh with no little shape cutters or any thing. My vision of what it would be like to play with play-doh was sadly distorted. I went back to costco and bought this little play-doh kit for $5 that included some play-doh playing necessities. She got a kick out of the little shapes we made then squashed them up. Oh well, maybe next time.

I also bought some of those markers that only color on certain paper. She took a marker in each and and scribbled all over the page. Then mommy and grandma gave it a try. That stuff is pretty cool. I am glad that those markers only color on the special paper seeing as she dropped one of the markers in her chair and I didn't notice. She probably sat on it for five minutes or so.

Last night Dave, Payton and I went to his parent's house for dinner. Their back neighbor, Julie, had cooked a whole meal from the Julia Child's cook book and had us all over. I don't know what everything was but it was really good. I had two plates, ate way too much, and ended up having reflux the whole night. But it really tasted so good.

No comments: