Thursday, August 20, 2009

Busy Weekend

This past weekend was Dave's best friend Johnny's wedding and it kept us pretty busy or at least Dave anyway.

Friday he took the day off work to be around if Johnny needed help. We took advantage of having him home in the morning and took a stab at finger painting for the first time with Payton. I think she doesn't like having her fingers/hands dirty. The next time I will have to try using sponges or something. Over all she ended up painting four different pictures, with mommy and daddy's help. :o)

In the evening Payton and I went out to Johnny's parent's house to see if we could do anything to help and to see all the animals they have out at their house. They have horses, a goat, chickens, dogs, and cats. Payton loved it. She even got a little kiss from the goat. LOL

The wedding was really nice. They did a great job fixing up Johnny's parent's house for the wedding. It looked beautiful. The weather was great. Anna was beautiful, she actually rode in on a horse drawn carriage, very cool. Over all the whole evening was so much fun.

Sunday morning Dave bent down to pick up Payton and at the same time she lifted her hands to let him. She accidentally poked him in the eye and scratched his cornea. Ouch! I had to take him to the emergency room to have it looked at. I felt so bad because he was hurting so bad. I am glad that eyes heal really quickly and that he is feeling better.

Dave's sister Jen is in town with her son Ethan for the week. They came down yesterday to play. I am so suprised by Payton, she has started being really possessive with her toys and pushing. The first time I saw her steal a toy I was shocked, I don't want my baby to be mean. I know this is just a phase and that all kids go through it it just suprised me. I hope that she learns how to share quickly.

No comments: