Thursday, August 27, 2009

Payton got a Boo Boo.

My friend Aimee volunteered us to act as the welcome wagon for the 2008 Las Madres group. Yesterday we went to meet with the 2008 Presidents to learn what we needed to do. We thought it would be a good chance for the kids to get together too, since we haven't been down to any of the play groups lately.

Well, all of the kids are going through the not wanting to share stage. I tell Dave all the time that I can't imagine that kids going through that stage have any fun playing together. There is stealing of toys, pushing, pulling, crying, etc... LOL It is pretty funny to watch. Well, let me preface this with the fact that Payton hadn't been feeling well this week. I thought she was getting better but she was coughing when I left for the gym and was real cryie all morning, I almost decided not to go but went ahead and went anyway.

We had been over there for about a half an hour or so. The kids were playing, taking turns stealing toys... They all found these little link toys and I know Gage really likes to play with them as well as Payton, I guess Devin likes to play with them too because he came up and grabbed them away from Payton. His mom went over and tried to get him to share the links but he yanked them away from Payton again and she lost her balance and fell down. I guess she hit her mouth on a toy ( I didn't see that part) I just thought she was crying because her feelings were hurt. Well I went over and picked her up to try and comfort her when all this blood came spilling out of her mouth. It went all down the front of her outfit and pooled in my hand. All I could think was that she had coughed up a lung and that she was a lot sicker than I thought. It never entered my mind that she might have hit her mouth on a toy until after the bleeding stopped and Aimme said she saw her bump the toy. I didn't totally panic but I wasn't exactly calm either. I don't know if there was as much blood as I thought but all I know is that it just seemed to keep coming and I couldn't figure out where it was coming from.

I am just glad it wasn't anything serious.

Dave's brother Rob came back from Iraq. They had a big caravan bring them up from Camp Penalton yesterday. It was cool to see, lots of motorcycles before and after the bus with the Marines in it. Police would close down the intersections so that they could pass through without having to stop. They had a big dinner for him at his wife Keri's parent's house. It was so good to see Rob, he looked so happy to be back. Dinner was excellent, we had steak, potatoes, salad, jello, watermellon, cookies, etc. Yummy!

I am so mad at myself. I never took any pictures. Boo!

3 comments:

Cassy said...

Poor kid! Ah, the many hazards of your kids growing up...

Jess@craftiness is not optional said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jess@craftiness is not optional said...

agh! i know exactly how you feel! blood coming out of their mouth is scary! glad she was ok. let me know when the next 2008 playdate is!