Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Housebound...

Payton is on day three of having a runny nose. I am not sure if it is from teething or if she just has a cold but I hope she gets over it soon, I hate it when she is not feeling well. Just to be on the safe side and not spread anything I have decided to keep her home. :o( I missed the play date yesterday.

So being pregnant I am naturally becoming more and more self conscious about my body. I know you are supposed to gain weight during a pregnancy but when the weight actually starts coming on it really gets to me. I don't know about anyone else but it always seems that when I am pregnant I am around a bunch of people who are losing weight, toning up, and looking good. As they are getting smaller and smaller I am getting bigger and bigger. Guhhh! At least this time around I do have a few friends that are pregnant along with me so I am not gaining weight alone.

As when I was pregnant with Payton, I plan on going to the gym throughout this pregnancy. I know there are definitely benefits to working out while pregnant but sometimes it is so hard to get up and go. So far I am still able to run or should I say jog 4 miles three days a week and go to my spin class. I am also still able to lift weights. I am so glad that my doctor is so supportive of my staying active. She basically tells me that my body will tell me when I should stop doing something. If I couldn't continue going to the gym I think I would go crazy, not only because of a slight workout addiction but because it is my main way of relieving stress. I just hope that I can see and accept when my body is telling me "enough is enough." Right now I can already tell that I need to take it easy on lifting weights, not too heavy. I can tell my body is changing when I get on the bike for spin class too, for one thing my legs are starting to hit my belly when in certain positions. My knees were what stopped my running with Payton, this time I fear it will be my sciatic nerve pain. Right now I am trying to decide if it is worse on the days I run or if it is the same regardless.

1 comment:

Cassy said...

So you have my life right now. Haha! Rayne has had a runny nose and been sneezing too. We stayed home from playdate because she was taking a 3 hour nap and today I found a wee bit of throw-up on her bed. Hopefully Payton gets better soon. And YES I hate my body when I am preggers. It is so hard for me to gain weight even if it's for a good cause :) So glad I have you around to share it with!! (This comment is forever long!)