Sunday, February 21, 2010

5 Minute Showers

I was at my mom's house last week and she was watching Doctor OZ. One of the things he was talking about that day was how taking hot showers could cause you to have dry skin. He posed the question that to combat the dry skin you should take luke warm showers for no more than 5 minutes, 10 minutes, or 15 minutes. My mom thought the answer was 5 minutes...The correct answer was actually 10 minutes. I told my mom that there was no way a person could shower in just 5 minutes.

I have to admit that one of my favorite indulgences is a long shower. I probably average about 25 to 30 minute showers...Maybe I should not admit to that. :o) Anyway, I am always up for a challenge and my mother said that she used to shower in 5 minutes when she had to get up early to attend Seminary classes in our stake. Well, I did it! I have been averaging 5 to 10 minute showers for the last week or so. Maybe I should clarify 5 to 10 minute showers with the exception of my shaving day. :o) That would be impossible.

2 comments:

Britney said...

Hey! Cute blog!

If I wash my hair, my showers are longer...but I usually don't wash my hair, so my showers are about 5 minutes. But I'm with you, I do love a good long/hot shower!

Anne said...

You and Aimee could have a long shower competition! Our family always teases her about her looooong showers!