Friday, February 26, 2010

Lily Padz

A friend of mine from church told me about these nursing pads called Lily Padz. I had never heard of them before, she told me that they are breast pads that prevent you from leaking. They are made from silicone, are non absorbant, and are reusable for up to two months! What's more is that you don't see them through your shirt. In fact, if you are able you could even go braless because they stick to you and not your bra.

I was a little apprehensive about trying them at first because I was going through about three sets of nursing pads a day. How was this nonabsorbant pad going to work?

I am on day three of using them right now. Overall I like them a lot; however, there are some things I am not sure I like.

Positives
1) I really do not leak as much. I think that the times I have leaked were because either I was careless in putting on the pad or it was the first feeding of the morning and I was really full.

2) They stay put, no sliding around under the bra. Come on, we have all been there, you look down and your breast pad is resting nicely in your cleavage. LOL Good times!

3) You can not see the pads through your shirt. In fact you do not even see when the turkeys are done!

Drawbacks
1) A little more pricey than pads if they do not last for the full two months.

2) I have noticed a slight smell at the end of the day. I am not sure if it is due to me sweating or if it is because I have had a little leakage, didn't realize it, and then the milk sat there trapped until the next feeding. The smell does go away when you wash them. They do sell special soap that you can use to clean them but I am cheap and decided to try using dishsoap to clean them as was mentioned by many people in their reviews.

Over all I am happy with my purchase so far. I am sure that I will have more feedback as I use them longer. I ordered mine from Diapers.com for $19.99, but I have heard that you can also get them from Motherhood Maternity not sure of the cost though.

1 comment:

McKell&Janeene said...

Have you tried fabric nursing pads? I loved mine, and then you just throw them in the wash. I never had a problem with them, but I didn't leak very much. Just another idea if you are interested... They are cheaper than disposables for sure.