Thursday, February 18, 2010

Belly Fat

There are certain things or topics you should just never bring up to a woman that has just had a baby. One of those things or topics is the size of her belly.

We were having dinner at my parent's house on Valentine's Day. My Grandmother and her "friend" had come down to share the evening with us too. When we were all hugging and saying our hellos my grandmother's friend said in my ear "your belly is sticking out there, you had better work on losing that". I just laughed and said "I know, I am trying" but on the inside was a little upset. I leaned over and told my dad that you just don't say that to people.

There is nothing that I wanted more than to deliver Lincoln and leave the hospital in my regular clothes and at my regualr weight...OK, so maybe there are things I want more but wouldn't it be nice to not have to work so hard at losing the weight you gained during pregnany. I mean your hormones are going crazy, you are famished from nursing and are eating tons, and then you don't fit into your maternity clothes anymore but don't fit into your biggest fat day pants either. The last thing you need is someone telling you your tummy is big.

I know I still have about 15 pounds to lose to be back at my regular weight but I thought I was doing pretty good. After all, Lincoln is only a month old. Give me a break! :o)

3 comments:

*Stephanie Lance* said...

Ha ha ha oh my gosh kim! I'm sorry i'm laughing, but OH.MY.GOSH!!! Did he really say that?! I can't believe anyone would have the nerve to say that to anyone, let alone a STRANGER! You're probably doing just great! Only 15 more pounds! you can totally do that! Man, It'll probably take me like a year or something to get back to normal (When I have a baby. That's not an announcement hahah) Good job keepin up on your blog! I'm so impressed! I have enjoyed all the stories and pictures! Lincoln is TOO cute!!! I am so baby hungry, so I like to look at other people's cute little bundles of joy!! Anyway, keep it up! I love it!

Jess@craftiness is not optional said...

you shoulda grabbed their belly fat and said" yeah, looks like you've got some to lose too" Cause EVERYONE has a little belly fat...and you JUST had a baby. Plus you look great for having had a baby like only a month ago! sheesh! (can you tell that riled me up?)

Cassy said...

I think I might cry if someone says that to me. But you do look good! Even if you didn't just have a baby!!