Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Oh Baby Baby and Shakakhan

Payton's vocabulary has gone through the roof these past couple of weeks. I can actually hold simple conversations with her. We have also reached the stage when I really need to watch what I am saying or even what other people are saying in front of her because it will come out of her mouth within a few minutes. Fortunately I only said, "Ah man!". :o)

The other day Payton, Lincoln, and I were heading back from a play date in Gilroy and Payton kept saying this one word over and over again. For the life of me I could not figure out what she was saying. It sounded like she was saying Shakakhan so I said, "Shakakhan?" to which she started laughing hysterically and saying Shakakhan over and over again all the way home to San Jose. It was almost like the word tickled her when she said it because squealed with laughter every time she did. It was so fun to hear laughing so hard. I never did figure out what she was originally saying...

Earlier the same day, Dave came down the stairs with Payton after giving her a bath and told her to tell me what she learned in the bath. To that she started singing the song Oh Baby Baby, Ba Ba Ba Baby. It was so funny. Just imagine the car ride with her going Oh Baby Baby...Shakakhan...Oh Baby Baby...Shakakhan. I am sure it will eventually get old but I couldn't help but laugh right along with her.

No comments: